You’re physically and emotionally drained after having played one of the most intense rounds of online poker.
In order to recharge and keep your sanity, you know that you need to find some way to relax before going at it again. Playing while stressed can cause you to make poor betting choices and can further add to your level of frustration. Here are five sure-fire ideas on how to relax after an intense and grueling game of poker.
- If you don’t want to stop playing just yet, then consider trying another type of game. Playing something that requires a bit less concentration might just be the thing to help alleviate some of the after-poker stress. Online bingo is not very stressful and can end up being your best option. Playing bingo online compared to poker, is far less intense and you can keep playing without having to think too hard about it. Online bingo and other types of casino sites also make use of chat rooms which can further help you unwind. You might even make some new friends along the way!
- Get away from the screen – If you have been spending a lot of time at an online poker site you probably would do well to just get away from your computer screen for a while. Sometimes the best way to do this is to sign off and completely shut down your computer.
- Find a Sensual Escape – There are many things to fill your senses and body with feelings of relaxation. Why not indulge yourself by getting a massage? You could also relax in a nice hot bath. Another way to spend your offline time is by reading a good book and let yourself become immersed in the story. Or, better yet, why not take your book with you and luxuriate in the tub? You could then could light some candles, put on some soft music in the background and pour yourself a glass of wine. In no time you will be relaxed and will have forgotten all about the stress of that grueling poker game!
- Get some exercise – Go for a walk; either by yourself or with a friend. Whether you go by yourself, with a pet or a loved one, walking is a great way to work out the kinks. If you would rather, go for a bike ride instead. Getting out into the sunlight and fresh air as well as increasing your level of physical activity can all go a long way toward relieving stress.
- Watch a favorite film – Many of you can just relax watching a favorite film helps them to fully disengage after playing an intense game of poker. Those who were asked about which movie genre seems to be best to help get their minds off their poker game suggest watching a comedy. In the case of relaxation and relieving the stress and intense focus that poker often requires, laughter is the best medicine.
PokerPlayer is the World’s best poker mag and can be read every month FOR FREE here