Get your money in a hurry with the 2016 Turbo Championship of Online Poker
The first major online tournament festival of the year runs January 21-31, as the Turbo Championship of Online Poker (TCOOP) gears up for 50 fast-paced tournaments and a guaranteed $15 million in prizes.
The big one is the prestigious $700 buy-in Main Event, which plays on January 31 and features a $2 million guarantee, but there are a number of new events to look out for, including:
- The first three-phase tournament in PokerStars ‘COOP’ history (see below)
- Progressive Ultra-Knockout tournaments in TCOOP for the first time (Events 03 and 34, where 75% of each buy-in goes to knockout prize money)
- Debut of 4x-Turbo tournaments in TCOOP (Event 10)
- A Hyper-Turbo, Deep, One Rebuy One Add-on (1R1A) tournament (Event 50), which has only previously been deployed for satellites
Kicking off TCOOP is the three-phase tournament – a $27 NL Hold’em [6-Max, Turbo] –with Phase 1 tournaments running every day from January 7-21. You can continue to play in as many Phase 1s (and Phase 2s) until you successfully qualify for Phase 3. Phase 2 tournaments run three times a day, with the last one taking place at 10.00 ET on January 21. The Phase 3 tournament, which marks the official first day of TCOOP, takes place at 12.00 ET on January 21 and has a huge $1.5 million guarantee.
For a full TCOOP schedule and more information about the championship, click here.
Player of the year
Additional prizes are awarded for players who do consistently well throughout the championship. Here is the list of prizes for the top 100 finishers on the leaderboard:
- 1st: Champion’s Trophy and 2015 SCOOP [H] Main Event ticket
- 2nd: 2015 SCOOP $5,200 ticket
- 3rd-5th: 2015 SCOOP $2,100 ticket
- 6th-10th: 2015 SCOOP [M] Main Event ticket worth $1,050
- 11th-100th: 2015 SCOOP [L] Main Event ticket worth $109
PokerStars is running online qualifiers to every event in TCOOP, with cash buy-ins starting from just $0.11 Beginning in early January, StarsCoin satellites will be available from just 1 StarsCoin. Log-in to the PokerStars client and click on ‘All Games’ > ‘Online Events’ > ‘TCOOP’ > ‘All’ to find the qualifiers.